Teaching Reading and Study Strategies at the College Level
MetadataShow full metadata
This book provides a review of the theoretical, empirical, and instructional issues in the field of college reading and study strategies through a careful and systematic examination of the relevant literature.
The articles and their authors are, as follows:
- "Vocabulary Acquisition and the College Student" (Michele L. Simpson and Edward J. Dwyer);
- "Teacher-Directed Comprehension Strategies" (Sherrie L. Nist and Donna L. Mealey);
- "Textbook Study Strategies" (David C. Caverly and Vincent P. Orlando);
- "The Value of Taking Notes During Lectures" (Thomas H. Anderson and Bonnie B. Armbruster);
- "External Factors That Influence Study" (Victoria J. Risko and others);
- "Internal Factors That Influence Study" (Victoria J. Risko and others);
- "Preparing for and Taking Tests" (David M. Wark and Rona F. Flippo).