Depositing Research Data in the TXST Dataverse Repository
MetadataShow full metadata
The Texas State University (TXST) Dataverse is a repository for depositing and providing access to the research data created by our University faculty, staff, and students. Depositing in the TXST Dataverse supports open data initiatives and complies with funding mandates. Learn how to create collections/dataverses, deposit datasets, and properly describe your data.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Create a collection (dataverse) for your project
- Choose appropriate metadata schema
- Control user permissions
- Deposit a dataset with appropriate file formats, a README, and descriptive metadata
- Understand versioning and sharing options with colleagues
- Create a template for depositing multiple similar datasets
DescriptionAccompanying workshop handout available for download.
CitationWaugh, L. (2019). Depositing research data in the TXST Dataverse Repository. Presented for the University Libraries Data Scholar Series, San Marcos, TX.
- Workshop Handout.pdf
- 2019 Dataverse Presentation.pdf